Flood Damage Cleanup in Staten Island | Tips for Protecting Yourself During a Hurricane
Hurricanes can be destructive, not forgetting how much they can disrupt your routines. As much as they are beyond your control, you can do a few things to protect yourself and your family during the storms.
If your home suffers damage from a hurricane, call ServiceMaster. We are professionals for flood damage cleanup in Staten Island and can help you restore your home in the event of a flood.
Before then, here are tips to protect yourself and your family during a storm.
- Follow the authorities’ directives on evacuation. Take your evacuation kit and leave immediately following the stipulated evacuation routes.
- Make sure you are indoors during the floods to avoid being hit by flying debris.
- When indoors, stay away from doors and windows and keep warm.
- Turn off the electrical supply to your home to reduce the sink of electrical damage in your power line.
- If your home is at risk of flooding, save your valuables by moving them to higher floors.
- If your home starts to flood, move to the highest floor and notify your water restoration company of the events.
- Stay indoors until the local authorities announce that it is safe to leave.
- Stay away from lightning as it can pose a safety risk. Avoid using the shower, phone, and other electrical equipment at the height of the storm.
Hurricanes occur when least expected, and sadly, there is not much to do to stop them. But you can stay safe and protect your family during a storm with the above tips. On the same note, you can get the services of ServiceMaster if your home suffers from water damage.
Our team is available 24/7 to provide flood damage cleanup in Staten Island and the environs. Call us and rest assured of an effective restoration, thanks to our skilled team of professionals.