When your washing machine floods, you first should get professionals for proper assessment and repairs. Thankfully, ServiceMaster by Complete provides water damage restoration in Staten Island. Our team is ready to take on any water damage, including flooding from your washing machine.
Before that happens, here are some ways to prevent washing machine floods in your home.
- Make sure to go through the machine’s instructions or user manual to familiarize yourself with how it works.
- Most appliances’ function deteriorates with time. Servicing them annually ensures they work optimally and any malfunctions are noted before they cause extensive damage.
- Be on the lookout for any inconsistencies in the filling, emptying, and cycle duration whenever you use the washing machine.
- Take note of leaks in the feeding hose, waste water drainage pipes, and washing machine drum.
- If there are damages on any part of the machine, facilitate prompt repairs to preserve the machine’s functionality over time.
- If you drain your washing machine into a utility tank, install a lint trap to prevent clogging.
- Replace rubber supply line hoses with stainless steel braided hoses. These are more durable and can handle fluctuations in water pressure.
- Don’t overload your washing machine.
- Remember to turn off the water supply when you are going away for more than a day.
- Don’t leave your machine in use when no one is around.
- Make sure to inspect your appliance regularly so you can catch any issues that may lead to breakdowns and consequential water damage.
These valuable tips do not guarantee an absolute lack of water damage. When your washing machine floods and causes damage, call us. ServiceMaster by Complete provides water damage restoration in Staten Island. Thanks to our team, you can rest assured of effective and timely optimization.