Everyone deals with a little water damage sooner or later and your response helps determine how far the damage will spread. Excess water or moisture can spread quickly through absorbent building materials, leading to structural damage and mold growth. The longer water damage is ignored, the further it will spread. ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete provides water damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Staten Island and Brooklyn, NY as well as Somerset and Middlesex counties in New Jersey. We respond within 1-2 hours of your call to limit the spread of the water and remove it with our advanced extraction and drying equipment.
Water Damage Restoration NY Service
Water damage can happen due to rain, flooding, leaks, burst pipes, or overflows. The excess water penetrates deep into a home or building by spreading through porous building materials including wood, drywall, flooring, and insulation. The spread of the water weakens these materials which can lead to devastating structural damage. The presence of excess moisture also creates the right conditions for mold to grow which can cause additional damage and negatively impact your health. Our technicians are highly trained and certified to thoroughly remove excess water and dry the affected areas with our advanced water extraction and dehumidification equipment.
The water damage restoration services we provide include these basic steps:
- Emergency Response: Our quick response helps us limit the spread of the water to prevent damage. We will create a restoration plan based on our evaluation of the damage.
- Water Extraction and Drying: We will remove standing water with our extraction equipment and set up dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the affected areas.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: We clean and disinfect the damaged areas and replace items that were removed during the cleaning.
After you call ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete for water damage repair and restoration, you can limit some of the damage with these tips.
Steps to Take for Water Damage Restoration
- Mop and blot dry to remove as much water as you can.
- Remove area rugs and other non-permanent floor coverings, leave permanent flooring and carpeting.
- Lift drapery bottoms off the floor by looping them through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe water from your furniture and put aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent carpet stains.
- Put photos, paintings, and similar objects somewhere safe and dry.
- Pack water damaged books together to prevent page warping until they can be dried with a specialized process.
- Open all doors, drawers, and cabinet doors in your home to help with drying.
Steps to Avoid When Dealing with Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water until the power has been turned off.
- Do not use a normal vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting or flooring without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances on a wet floor.
- Do not try to remove mold or mildew.
Water damage will only get worse until the restoration begins so contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete once you notice water damage in your home or building. Our technicians will arrive immediately to contain the damage and begin the restoration process before the damage gets any worse. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (718) 984-6660 to provide emergency water damage repair and restoration in Staten Island and Brooklyn, NY as well as Somerset and Middlesex counties in New Jersey.